Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Evening

A pretty sky, but I want to see grey clouds billowing over the ridge
 The dogs and I took our two mile walk this evening.  It was good to take that trek up and down our hills.  A fine way to end the year.


Today, when I checked the online weather, I read that this is officially the driest year on record for California -- just a bit over 6 inches of rain since last January.  That's barely a drop.


As I walked, I could see at every turn how dry it was.  The pond is as dry as a bone.

If you look closely, you can see the baby grass stretching their tiny leaf blades upwards.  They need the wet stuff.  Soon, please.

So I'm doing the rain dance -- Rain!, Rain!, Rain!  I'm hopeful that the wet stuff will soon come down.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment