Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Group Lesson

Today was my first online live session with a German instructor from Rosetta Stone.  I'd scheduled it for 8:30 in the morning so as to get it under my belt as early in the day as possible.  Need I add that I crammed for the session by practicing Lesson 2 over and over again?  I'd planned to just stay in my bathrobe and slippers for the session, but ten minutes before I was supposed to log on I decided I could only be my most intelligent if I were dressed and presentable. Off I raced to change, brush my hair and teeth and even put on deodorant.  I stopped short of putting on make-up, though -- I refuse to do my face before breakfast on a Saturday. 

I did pretty well.  There were only 5 students in our little group session and our instructor, a kind-looking middle-aged woman, was patient and encouraging.  All of us could hear each other, but only the instructor was on video (interestingly, she wore no make-up either).  She put us through our paces and, one-by-one, we identified girls, dogs, and running men.  She also through in some ringers of things we didn't know and then taught us the phrase, "Ich weiß es nicht," which means, "I don't know."  This is a phrase that I think I'll be getting a lot of use out of -- already it flows right off my tongue.

After half an hour, we all fondly said "Auf Wiedersehen!" to each other and my first group lesson was done.  Fun stuff! 



And then I got Corny and took a nice long ride (he didn't mind a bit that I wasn't wearing make-up).  

No comments:

Post a Comment