Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Still Saddle Sore

The saddle sore I felt after Saturday's 30 minute ride was the minor leagues compared to the saddle sore I felt after yesterday's 1 1/2 hour ride.  I was hobbling around the school like a goblin for the first half of the morning, groaning every time I had to get up.  The children, naturally, thought this was highly amusing.  By lunchtime my muscles began relaxing, although I'm still sore.  If I get home early enough tomorrow, I'm going to try to get out for a short ride before dark.

Yesterday, Corny and I began our work in the arena, walk and trot.  I did better today at sitting the trot and there was much less bouncing in the saddle.  I'm finding my balance again, although not quite there yet.  Afterwards, we rode out into the lower pasture and took some of the little trails through the trees. 

I brought my camera with me so I could take some pictures from my crow's nest up on top of my big beast.  This one gives an idea of high up it feels from up there.  The ground seems very far down.  I feel a lot more secure in my Western saddle though -- more to grab on to, should the need ever arise. 

Corny was a good boy, and doesn't he look dashing in his new bridle? 

No comments:

Post a Comment