Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

While I was working...

This is where I usually set up my laptop when home -- on the far end of the dining room table.  I do have a small office/spare bedroom where I can work if need be, but it's lonely in there. 

The view through the window just behind me is of the hills. Below the embankment the house is on, lies the pond with its contingent of ducks, geese, frogs, etc.




Exciting kitchen "action"

From here, I also don't miss a single nuance of the action (such as it is) going on in the kitchen or living room. 

I do so much schoolwork from home, that it's a comfort working in a place where I can remain somewhat connected to my life here. 

Or so I thought.




Yesterday evening I crawled home from school, totally done in and sat in front of the computer for awhile.  I tried to blog, but my brain had gone south and I realized that it was time to call it a day and go to bed.  As I was leaving the room, Bruce said, "Boy, that amaryllis sure is impressive."

Huh???  And then I looked towards the corner where he was looking.







The potted amaryllis that I'd hauled in from the back porch several weeks ago so I could watch it bloom had done exactly what I'd hoped it would do. 



 All of this was occurring in full view, over my right shoulder for an entire week -- and I almost missed it anyway.


There is a lesson here somewhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment