Pond!

Pond!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Evening of Fine Dining at Frogpond

I attended a very long Parents' Club meeting after school today, so didn't get home until just before sundown. 

I changed and made the evening rounds of feeding everything and anything with its mouth open.  As usual, I started with the ones who were
most annoyingly vocal about getting fed IMMEDIATELY -- first the gauntlet of cats inside, then the four geese marching in front of the barn, beaks pointed heavenward and screaming.  Then it was on to the only slightly less obnoxious ducks and chickens.  By this time Cornelius was banging his hoof against the metal pipe of his pen, so I threw him a flake of hay.  Last in line were the good-natured dogs, doing nothing more than politely wagging their tails (you see where that gets you around here).

And then I was finished.  Or so I thought.
Hey, lady... 








...what about us?













I wandered over to the rose bed that overlooks the lower pasture.  We have an agreement with our former neighbor, Mike, to graze a few cow/calf pairs down there.   They were just loafing around, but when they saw me, they eagerly hurried over to the fence.  I've never fed them before in my life.



 Who told them I was the resident waitress??? 




It certainly wasn't Cornelius -- he left his own identical flake to trot down to see if he could get the one I'd thrown the cows back again. 














Nope, wasn't going to happen. 












He turned to Multipass for a bit of feline sympathy.  That didn't happen either. 















And with that, I left them all to it and went back up to the house and made a pot of  chicken soup.

2 comments: