Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sun and Shadow

Today was a sun-and-shadow sort of day.  Lots of high clouds scudding about overhead and the light constantly changing.  Unfortunately, I had no idea that there was a time change today and lost a full hour of my Sunday when I found this out during a phone call with Mama.  This is what I get for disconnecting with the world.  Ah, well.

Most of the morning was spent digging out from the clutter that's accumulated in the house these past few weeks.  Both Bruce and I have been so busy that we pretty much let everything inside go.  There was a load of laundry that had been washed but then sat, slowly drying, in the washer for a full week.  The kitchen counter was stacked with mail (most of it junk).  The inside of the fridge had all sorts of interesting items in it that were growing colorful molds.  In short, the place was falling apart.  Today I worked to rectify at least some of this.

                                                                                                                                                                        



In the afternoon, I escaped to play outside for at least a little while. Corny got to get hobbled and enthusiastically set to grazing down in the lower garden again. I raked down the second of the new blackberry beds -- hopefully it will rain and the soil will have a chance to settle. And then the dogs and I took a walk down to the pond. 




This is what the pond looks like right now.  It's very low for this time of year.  If it doesn't rain, I'm afraid that it may completely dry up by the end of this coming summer. 

My hopes are that this coming week's projected series of storms will save the day. 

Fingers crossed.






No comments:

Post a Comment