Pond!

Pond!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Coming Storm!

In the early morning when I went out to let the chickens out, the moon glowed in an almost-clear sky.  If I hadn't been riveted to the recent weather reports, I never would have suspected that a series of storms is blowing in from the Pacific.  All throughout the day, I watched for clouds.  At morning recess, the first outriders were scattered thinly here and there.  By lunchtime, billows of them were scudding across the sky, but the sun still shone through most of the time. 






When I got home, they were piling up and over Gopher Ridge.  The late afternoon sunlight, through them and around them was glorious.






It's now almost 9:00 pm and still no storm.  But I can feel the clouds overhead, even though it's dark and I can't see them.  Hopefully by morning it will be raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment