Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Splash!

I woke up in the wee hours to the glorious sound of water!  Great joy and contentment in my heart to lie there in the dark and listen to the lovely rhythmic splashes that had come at long last.  And then it slowly dawned on me, as I lay in sleepy bliss, that the sound was coming from my nightstand.  And was being created by a cat noisily lapping the water from my bedside glass.  Outside, it was dry (but cloudy). 

The first spatters hit as I was driving in to work.  We've had gentle rain off and on throughout the day, but this is no great storm.  Yet.  I'm holding my breath and hoping that the weather reports don't let me down. 

Bruce came home this afternoon and was waiting for me with a kiss when I got out of the car.  I've missed him something awful.  I may not have gotten the rain I wanted, but everything feels right again, now that he's home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment