Pond!

Pond!

Monday, February 11, 2013

In Praise of Eggs -- Yet Again!

Ja, ja -- more eggs!  I promise that after today I will stop posting about them...at least for awhile.  This evening, in the dark, I collected 20 of them from underneath the drowsy hens.  I've never been able to get over just how wondrous a simple egg can be.  Good hens!






We have one as-yet unknown hen who's an overachiever.  None of our flock is particularly large, but one of them lays GIGANTIC eggs; easily twice the size of an ordinary egg.  How she manages to squeeze the thing out is beyond me.  So far we've gotten two of them.











On Sunday, Bruce cracked one of them in order to make scrambled eggs.  I was delighted to find that it was a double-yolker  -- and both yolks were huge.






With them, plus a few smaller, single-yolkers, Bruce was able to scramble up a lovely breakfast of eggs, along with sides of tomato and avocado.  The joy of being married to man who likes to cook!






No comments:

Post a Comment