Pond!

Pond!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Birthday Rock

I've been fostering an extremely self-serving "tradition" these past few years called "The Birthday Season."  This is what I now get instead of a mere 24 hour birthday...it's an extended stretch of time (as loooooong as I can make it!) in which presents and indulgences are given and granted to me in honor of the wonderous day of my birth.  I must be a superb bamboozler, because last year I eked out my birthday season until Mother's Day!  Bruce's birthday day (he gets just a single day), on the 13th of April, cuts into my season, but it ends after 24 hours and my season starts up again.  I, greedy soul that I am, love this!

So this afternoon, three days after my official birthday, I got my next present.  It was from Bruce and Max the Cat and delivered via Kubota tractor from our other property.  Here it is:

It's an absolutely exquisite 200 pound piece of quartz, decoratively festooned with moss and lichens.  Please note the tiny black bow, upper right corner. 










I'm a sucker for rocks -- especially big ones.  They have souls.  I'm already pondering on where I would like this one to live.  It's absolutely gorgeous. 

I looooooove birthday seasons!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment