Pond!

Pond!

Monday, May 13, 2013

Our Trip to See the Sea





Harbor seals and pups
 Last Thursday/Friday was the long-awaited overnight trip with the 4th graders to the Monterey coast.  I meant to blog about it over the weekend, but what with catching up on my gardening projects, grocery shopping, and a Mother's Day outing listen to a performance of Carmina Burana (plus a Sunday evening dose of the never-ending schoolwork), I had to give it a rest.  Or rather, I had to give myself a rest.








Point Lobos cove and sea caves







51 children and 23 adult chaperones, along with their two teachers, had a wonderful time.  We hiked the trails at Point Lobos, visited two Spanish missions, flew kites on the beach, climbed through tide pools, roasted marshmallows at a campfire, played in the sand and water, and said hello to all the animals at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.





Jellies at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
Tidepooling mountain goats  boys


Kite-flying mermaids girls playing in the waves 


As the sun set, we watched a small group of orcas flashing their fins and blowing






Can't figure out why I was so tired when I got home.

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful outing! You never know which child this adventure might be life changing for. How incredibly huge the responsibility must be to know that you are part of growing young minds...

    I have always wanted to go to that aquarium. We are five hours from the beach here and I sure do miss it.

    ReplyDelete