Pond!

Pond!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday

Last evening, I startled this turkey family gathered around the grain pan
They didn't bother fleeing; just ambled down to the pond to wash down the grain


I woke up this morning and thought, "Oh, it's Saturday -- what a relief."


I wiggled my toes and stretched out in bed, enjoying taking a few extra minutes before getting up.









Several seconds later I realized that the weekend hadn't quite started yet and thought, "Oh, it's only Friday -- crap."

I hauled out of bed, and thus my day started.







In these last days before the end school, I'm consumed by this job.  At this point in time, I'm wearing my teacher hat 24 hours a day, thanks to the wonders of the internet and the fact that I even dream school when I'm asleep.  My world is just a wee bit out of balance right now.

But, even as I rush about, I'm strong and strangely happy.  And look -- I've become wise enough to take time to observe the Frogpond turkeys at their leisure and then blog to you about it.

Pity about that whole Saturday thing, though...

And I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment