Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Comet Panstarrs

Here's a diagram of what's supposed to be happening up there

I came dragging home from school this afternoon, tired as can be. Those students just wore me out -- spring's in the air for sure.  All I wanted to do was stretch out on the bed with  the cat and sip tea.

I did this for about 15 minutes, and then Bruce firmly grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and drove us up to Telegraph Road (about 5 whole minutes away) in order to view a comet.  This comet is called Panstarrs and Bruce was eager to take its picture.




Murphy was thrilled to come along.  Me, not so much, but I had to indulge the invalid (the one clutching my neck).










This is what we saw:
Pay no attention to the copyright dates: poor man forgot what year it is!














The clouds were way to thick to see any sign of the comet, but the sunset was glorious.  The mountain is called Mt. Diablo and is straight across the Valley from us, in the Bay Area.  


It would have been nice to see Panstarrs, but I don't see how it could have topped the show we got.


No comments:

Post a Comment