Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Happy Saturday



Today was a good sort of Saturday.  Bruce and I ate breakfast and played cribbage (he won, but I forgive him).  I washed the dishes, swept the kitchen, living room and hall and mopped the kitchen floor.  I scrubbed the stove and the countertops and then did several loads of laundry.

Then Bruce and I went grocery shopping together!!!!  This may not sound worthy of four exclamation marks, but it really is.  This is the first time Bruce has been out since he came home from the hospital.   He loaded his walker into the back of the car himself and off we went down the road together.

Words cannot express how joyful it felt to have just a bit of normalcy back in our lives.  We drove up to Angels Camp to our favorite little market and he and his walker went up and down the aisles with me.  I was so very happy to have him there with me.

It's the little things that are the big things.

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear that lots of healing is going on there! Sometimes the little things like shopping together can mean so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, healing is definitely happening -- thank you. :) At this rate, soon I'll have to tie him to a tree to keep him from overdoing it!

    ReplyDelete