Pond!

Pond!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Which one is not like the others...

This is the time of year when everything with feathers is laying eggs like crazy. 



The ducks sneak into the chicken coop and settle down in the corners to pop out their eggs.  They are rather coy about it and try to keep a low profile, but it's always obvious when one of theirs is added to the chickens'. 
















But, when  the goose gets to work, their eggs are massively impressive.  Can you figure out which one is theirs? 

I have it on good authority that goose eggs are good to eat.

4 comments:

  1. My, what lovely eggs you have! I think of yours every time I make scrambled eggs from the grocery store. Not nearly as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hens and I thank you! I really wish there were a way of delivering eggs to you -- I don't suppose they'd fare too well going through the US Postal Service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get all my eggs from my daughters farm,nothing like a free range egg for breakfast.!!

    When one of her broody hens went missing for a week,we thought the fox had taken her but we found her in a hedge sitting on a dozen or so eggs.They all hatched but most of them turned out to be roosters,do you want a rooster or two to keep your hens happy .!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I would love an Irish rooster -- no doubt he'd have a charming lilt to his crow! But Captain Jack, our half-banty rooster is adamant about not wanting any competition for "his" hens!

    I'm glad that your daughter's hen hadn't been taken and the story had a happy ending (too bad that so many of the chicks were roosters. Why is this usually the case?)

    ReplyDelete