Pond!

Pond!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

We takes what we can gets

A bit of rain.  Not enough to raise the level of the pond by any noticeable amount, but enough to keep our grass and spring wildflowers going for a little while longer. 

Last evening when I got home and stood on the porch, a delicious sea of resinous scents from all the new growth on the hillsides surrounded me. Above the pond, the violet-green swallows were still swooping and darting after insects and somewhere a warbler was singing in the warm evening air.








It's getting late in the season and the storm window for the year is closing. 



2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got a little rain,your description of the scent in the air was so good ,even I could envision it.!!

    I did find a link to the old interface,but a window opened to tell me this is will go by the end of the month,so I had better practice with the new set up.
    Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm continually surprised that I can do Blogger at all -- it does seem to play by its own rules. I think that the changes you're seeing now came our way a couple of months ago. I just looked and see that the link for the old Blogger is now gone.

    ReplyDelete