Pond!

Pond!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tornado?

                                                         

My friend, Dorothea, called me from down in the valley to tell me that the weather radar had issued a severe weather alert and a tornado warning for the area right over Frogpond.  From the porch I could see a mass of some rather angry looking clouds a bit to the north with occasional flashes of lightning followed by rolling booms of thunder, but nothing more ominous than that.  I went inside and checked the computer and saw that she was telling the truth -- a scary yellow rectangle had been drawn smack over us.  There also was a trapazoid drawn a bit southwest of us. 


I'm happy to report that no tornado ever materialized, so I didn't have to follow Dorothea's half-joking (I think) advice to get in the bathtub and put an ironing board over me.  



2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and wondered if Arby is a Snowshoe breed. What a beautiful cat. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, Arby's a Snowshoe -- an 11 year old rescue from a cat shelter. They are wonderful cats. Is that a Snowshoe in your arms?

    ReplyDelete