Pond!

Pond!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Snap!

The morning began with Bruce getting caught in a mousetrap.

 He's had two set on the kitchen counter way in the back for several weeks now.  I don't like to see them in plain view like that, but Bruce has this theory that mice run along walls and that by placing the traps there the mice will step into them without having to use any bait.  The traps have been sitting around gathering dust since he set them --  the mice either packed their bags and left or else  haven't heard of Bruce's theory .

We'd decided to do our Christmas baking this morning,but the first thing I wanted to do was clean up the kitchen a bit before we started.  I told Bruce that those traps had to go.  Naturally, he immediately sprang to do what he was told;  then there was a sharp "snap!" and  Bruce dancing around the kitchen swearing up a blue streak. 
I was rather surprised and asked, "Why did you put your finger in the trap?" 

 "I didn't do it on purpose!" he yelled, continuing to hop around and cuss.

My next question was going to be how he managed to catch his finger in a trap that he knew was set -- but decided to let it go:  there were cookies to bake and I didn't want to do it by myself. 
Besides, I knew that I could blog about it later.  :)  

                                                                                                  

Even the fake plastic cheese is having a laugh



Here's the Bear trap:





Bruce, trooper that he is, soon pulled himself together and we spent the morning cooking up Christmas  goodies.  


Spice Cookies (for Mama!)

Thumbprint Cookies

Glazed Almonds




Tomorrow Rosario and Agada come for the monthly house cleaning marathon.  As always, I'm immensely grateful to have these two women walk through the door to spend the entire day methodically cleaning every room.  Christmas does present its special challenges though:  I've got boxes of ornaments all over the living room, an undecorated tree up by the double doors and wrapping paper and unwrapped presents stacked in my office.  The house is in dire need of cleaning, but it's not readily apparent because every surface is covered with Christmas clutter.  Plan A had been  to have the house completely decorated, gifts wrapped and everything in order before they arrived to clean tomorrow.  Obviously this was overly optimistic.  And so,Plan B will be taking effect instead: I will put on my Grinch hat and haul everything Christmas (except the tree) out to the garage before they show up tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment