Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rooster and Griffin

Meet the newest Frogpond inmate, er, resident.  Since we lost our ancient geezer of a rooster, Sir Didimous, Frogpond has been mighty quiet.  No rooster cocka-doodle-doo-ing at all hours.  We can hear the neighbors' roosters, but it's just not the same.  So this afternoon I drove down to Dorothea's where she had this little guy caged up and waiting for me.  He's speckled black and white with a wash of gold on his ruff and green lights glinting on glorious black tail feathers.  He's gorgeous!  A cross between a banty and a standard-sized chicken, he's small enough that I can now add banty hens into the flock.  Now for the fun of thinking of a name -- something noble for sure.

I know Dorothea from way back when I taught each of her daughters in my second and third grade classes.  Many years have passed since then, but we've remained friends.  Dorothea's daughter, Erin, who I taught as an eight year old, is now all grown up and exploring ceramics.  I was absolutely blown away today when she brought out all of these pieces that she's created. 








A Griffinish sort of creature





 
 Ceramic Mask Becomes Erin
 
Wow!
And then little He-Who-Has-Yet-To-Be-Named and I loaded up in the car and headed back up the hill.  A lovely afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment