Pond!

Pond!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tithonia

The first tithonia are just coming into bloom -- they are always the last flowers of the summer season.  They are stuck in being small for many weeks after they've sprouted, and then suddenly they are filling up the space as they stretch up and out.  Both the hummingbirds and myself love the intense orange.

I'm completely taken over with back-to-school preparations right now.  Every day I'm going in and working away at getting my classroom ready for the new students who will arrive all bright and shiny on Monday morning.

Twins were born in our lower pasture two days ago and I haven't had time to write about it yet -- I took pictures though.  I'll post them tomorrow -- cute babies!

I'm falling asleep as I type.  Off to bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment