Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Bed Thief


 
 
 




 

 Several weeks ago, Bruce and I brought home three plump new dog beds to replace the torn, flattened ones that lined the front porch.  It took a few days for Seal, Arlo and Murphy to break them in so that they indented in the right spots, but all three dogs are now delighted to nap their days away from their centers. 

At least most of the time.

Seal likes to sunbathe on the carport, so we moved her bed over there.  Max also likes to sunbathe.  I'm sure that you know how this story is going to go...




Seal came over and very politely asked Max to please get off of her bed.  Max blinked up at her and, just as politely, told her that this wasn't going to happen.


Seal is a very patient (and long-suffering) dog.  She sighed and settled on the doormat.
 
Buddenbrooks update: I'm on page 207! It's been a very long time since I've managed to stay with a book this thick (both in a metaphorical and physical sense).  Stacks of schoolwork await, but I have to read just one more chapter first.  And then another... And another...

2 comments:

  1. Oddly, Max is also polite when he tells me that he's not getting off my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boorish behavior, politely executed -- Max von Aristocrat!

    ReplyDelete