Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

It is so very good to be home.  The frenzied rush and all the drama (and there was drama)  of the past weeks are quickly fading into the past. 
I now have another, but much quieter, frenzied rush going on as I try to get the garden sorted out before the first blast of high summer hits.  Me (being me), I set about getting it all done in the first three days of summer break.  Not surprisingly, this didn't happen. 

"Bad" weeds (eg, thistle) loaded up for a trip to the County landfill


However, working outside for three days did me a world of good.

                                            
A table of seedlings and plants to get in the ground 
Massive amounts of watering - it's so hot
More weeding - with a bit of rock-hauling thrown
in for good measure
                                                                                        
The unfinished vegetable bed in the orchard garden




                                                                                                                                                                            One cannot fret about things like school when occupied with vast amounts of grunt labor in the garden.  It's impossible.  I did lots of grunting, and less and less fretting as the long Memorial Day weekend passed.



However, we also had the sense to take a few minutes to sit back, enjoy the cats, smell the roses...


Smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches






...and eat the salmon! 



This morning I'm off down the hill to school to begin cleaning and organizing the chaos that is my classroom.  I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment