Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Jury Duty

I got a jury summons two weeks ago for the Federal District Court in Fresno.  The drive from Copperopolis to Fresno is 160 miles, one way.  I wrote a letter, hoping to get off.  The court was not amused.  I called the first time to see if I had to go in, but the answer was no -- wait for a week.  I called the next week and they said, yes, come in next Tuesday (unless they changed their mind).  The problem (for me, at any rate) with going in next Tuesday is that on Wednesday I'm taking my class on an overnight fieldtrip to Monterey.  Everything's rather complicated and up in the air right now -- my principal has called his friend the District Attorney to see if he can get me off.  Since I'm being summoned by a Federal Court that appears to complicate things. 

As it stands now, I've got people making phone calls in an effort to save me from having to drive to Fresno and spend the night.  I must call tomorrow night after 5:00 to see if my services are still required.  I'm packing an overnight bag and making a hotel reservation, just in case.

I'm done worrying about this -- what happens, happens.  I do hope that tomorrow night I'm able to drive up the hill to my little home instead of to a motel in Fresno.

No comments:

Post a Comment