Pond!

Pond!

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Prospective Juror

Here I sit in my Fresno hotel room.  Not one of my friends in high places was high enough to get my name off that prospective juror list -- so the time came to buck up and accept that I was going to have to drive 160 miles and show up in court tomorrow.  I must be there by 8:00 and was warned not to be late.  I'm such a wannabe people pleaser that it goes against the grain to want to NOT be chosen for something -- but I really, really hope that I don't appeal to the attorneys and they send me packing back to Frogpond.

I'm rather impressed with myself for getting to the hotel (it did take a few minutes to figure out exactly how to get in the parking garage), checking in, and ordering an in-room dinner.  However, I did manage to lock myself out of the room when putting the meal tray outside my door.  Who knew that the door would slam shut behind me?  I had to make the long elevator ride back down to the lobby to get a duplicate key from Mitchell, the front desk guy.  I'm grateful that I was dressed and even had my shoes on. 

Life is just one adventure after another for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment