Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Eclipse -- Really???

Bruce has been so excited these past few days.  A rather impressive solar eclipse was scheduled to occur between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. this evening.  Bruce set off to Salt Springs Resevoir with Murphy the dog and camera paraphinalia to take pictures of the momentous event. 

I, because I'm still laboring over report cards, stayed home.  Around 6:00 I went outside to the pond to water the trees and see whatever there was to see.  Which wasn't much.  But the light turned strangely orange and the coyotes began howling.  That was about it.  Oh, and Bruce had given me a card with a hole punched in it so I could see the image of the eclipse without blinding myself.  Amazingly, this low-tech thing worked -- I saw the dark image of the moon over the sun.  Pretty cool.  However, we were expecting a lot more.  Such is life. 

1 comment:

  1. Eclipse ??,what eclipse.!!
    Seriously though,I knew there was an eclipse but we have had such cloudy weather and the mist hanging around up here,that we have not seen the sun for ages and there was no chance of seeing this event.
    From what I have read,I did not miss much,as you have said,such is life.!!
    Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete