Pond!

Pond!

Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Storm


Yippee!  How lovely to be home on a Friday night with the sound of a steady rain coming in through the open door.  It's sort of cold with the chill breeze at my back, but I can't get enough of the sound of falling water.  The radar image from the weather service shows a band of bright green headed steadily our way.  Most excellent.

My great wish is to see rainwater collected in the lowest part of the pond area when I come out to look tomorrow morning.  Even a modest amount of standing water down there would give that large depression that held our pond a glimmer of life.

Tomorrow morning I'll go down there with my camera to see if Frogpond was blessed with tricks or treats (but even if there isn't any water, this rain will bring relief to the multitudes of thirsty trees and animals.  It's all a treat, and I'm grateful).

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! If anything, this next storm should help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our paper today said that we are projected to have another warmer and drier winter here again. If they are right, we can expect the coldest weather in early 2015 with not much lasting snow. Will see if they are right! It hit 68 the other day - so not normal for us here.

    ReplyDelete