Pond!

Pond!

Friday, June 6, 2014

End of the School Year

The last day of school.  It's the ending of a sad, roller-coaster sort of year: one of our students died on Christmas Eve, our principal suddenly resigned under a dark cloud and the most beloved teacher at our school retired because of a return of cancer.  Our end-of-the-year assembly today was in some ways like always -- a happy celebration of the achievements of our students.  But for many of the adults, there were tears as well as some anger from some.  I came home feeling exhausted and sad.  A good night's sleep will help put my world to rights.  Bruce is away back east right now.  I miss him, but maybe it's better he's away -- I'm not much fun right now and need to regain my equilibrium.  Which I will.

I'm looking forward to a quiet Saturday at home.  It'll just be me and the animals.  I think I'll ride Cornelius -- that'll divert me!

No comments:

Post a Comment