Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Seminar Day

I went to my Great Valley Writing Project seminar today (a Saturday!).  Hauling my bones out of bed at 7:00 am on a weekend was difficult (I think I'm coming down with the first sickness of the year that's going through my classroom), but it was strangely wonderful to see everyone from the summer institute again.  The day just kept getting better.  Angela, Hauna, Kali, Kari, Diane, Carol, Chris, Amber, Beth, Daryl and I: it was good.

After a morning of workshops, a group of us ate our bag lunches at our "usual" table by the pond.  We talked, ate and were attacked by hungry mallard ducks -- just like during the summer.  Ahh, tradition.

Tonight, though, I'm tired and am off to bed.  Fingers crossed that I'm not getting sick.  I don't have time for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment