Pond!

Pond!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Week of September

This tupelo couldn't wait to color up -- it started the last week of August
I think that this is the longest I've been away from my blog.  I feel all disconnected not posting my little slices of life on a regular basis.  School has been a mountain of work this year -- every evening I come home, water the garden, feed the animals, do a bit of weeding, put the animals to bed when it gets dark and come inside.  Then begins my second shift of school for the day -- I eat dinner while answering emails, try to figure out educational computer programs, create new lessons and organize my binders.  It sounds like I do a tremendous amount of work, but, in actuality, I just spend a tremendous amount of time getting very little accomplished.  But I just keep plugging away.  Hopefully I'll be able to settle into some sort of routine before too much longer.

On the plus side, I have started my two-mile walks through the hills again, which will feel great once my shin splints stop aching.



The new truck not only delights us, but also our goose, Afrikaner.  He spends a lot of time admiring his reflection in that shiny chrome.

This weekend the sun shone through clouds that drifted above a layer of smoke.  It made for a strange light


The Rim Fire was 80% contained as of this morning.  I'm still debating on whether or not to plan a field trip to Yosemite in October.  I'll write the ranger and see what she says...

No comments:

Post a Comment