Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Very Google Weekend

After four weeks of early rising for my Summer Institute sessions, I had to set my alarm for 4:30 in order to leave the house by 5:00 for my Google for Educators Conference today.  Not surprisingly, getting up at dawn was a bit difficult this morning, but I made it out the door and over to Sue's house in Escalon by 6:00.  I parked my car there and she zipped us over to the Bay Area where we joined about 800 other educators at the conference held at a very large high school.



I came home this evening with lots of Google swag -- a tote bag, t-shirt, plastic cup, pen, stickers and a Google lanyard.  Sadly, though, I didn't come home with as many new skills on how to use Google apps as I'd hoped and neither Sue nor myself won any of the door prizes.  Still, it was nice spending the day with Sue.  And we did come away with a few more pieces to the puzzle that is technology.





And now, I'm off to bed so that I can haul my bones out of bed tomorrow morning.  I'll tell you what, though -- come Monday morning, this teacher's sleeping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment