Pond!

Pond!

Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of School

The first day of school 2012 is now behind us -- all 50 students and their two teachers made it through with flying colors.  I can already tell that this is going to be a magnificent year. 

That said, I'm off to bed.  When I got home in the afternoon, I watered the orchard garden, the upper gardens and the shrubs on the hillside; fed and watered the ducks, ducklings, geese, chickens and horse.  Once inside, I fed the cats, and then stepped (barefoot) into a slippery mound of cat barf in the hall, hopped on one foot to the kitchen where I washed the other foot off in the sink.  When I went into the laundry room to get a rag to clean the floor with, I splashed cold water on an angry mouse who'd fallen in the laundry tub.  I caught the mouse in a paper bag and let it out on the hillside.  And then I lay down for awhile. I was exhausted; not from my first day of school, but from sorting out all the misadventures that occurred here while I was away.

Goodnight, World!

No comments:

Post a Comment