Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Report Card Weekend


Oof.  Friday was the last day of our school's first trimester.  All grades must be posted by this coming Wednesday and I, naturally,  had stacks of papers to correct and stories to read and evaluate.  Yesterday was cold and rainy, so I had the perfect incentive to stay inside; focused on the task at hand.  We built a fire in the wood stove and I worked on report cards all day long.

Yeah.  It looks like this.  Teacups. Papers all over.  My overworked laptop.  My overworked brain...




This morning I got up early and got right to work again.  I worked pretty steadily throughout the day (a break for breakfast and our Sunday morning cribbage game and a bit of a nap in the afternoon). 

Mulligan on tombstone shale

Bruce sprinkling poppy seed


Tupelo Tree





By late afternoon, though, the light outside was stunning and I had to get away from the computer for awhile.  So I rousted Bruce out and we, the dogs and two of the cats went for a walk to the other property to plant poppy seed and enjoy the late afternoon. 
 


    
Mulligan the Brave








 





               The end of  a wonderful day!

 

Geraniums and Pumpkins

No comments:

Post a Comment