Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Last Day of Thanksgiving Break

Today I spent happily getting to the one thing that I haven't done since school started: weave.  I've had this scarf project sitting, halfway warped on the loom for three months now.  I'd decided to try a rather complicated lace weave for this one and, after all this time, could remember nothing about it.  Before I could start work, I had to study the directions and then clean the dust off the loom.  Yes, it's been that long.


Naturally, Arby had to help with every step of warping the loom. This is me sitting on my hard little stool threading heddles while Arby concentrates on whatever cats concentrate on. Or maybe (as I suspect) he is simply fast asleep.  Love that dangling hind leg!










Zelda supervised from just outside the sliding doors.  She glowered in from the comfort of a deck chair while leaves softly rained down on her.









Despite all the felines unwavering efforts to help, I actually managed to get the entire project on the loom and ready to weave by early afternoon. 
Tomorrow evening I can begin weaving.






No comments:

Post a Comment