Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Confrence Time!

I finished my report cards this evening.  What a relief -- they're due tomorrow and getting them finished off has consumed my life for the past week.  I think that school's been stressful for more of our staff than just me...

This is what I saw when I pulled in to our school's parking lot this morning and looked up at our marquee.  I wonder how many people passing on the highway noticed that "Conference" was spelled wrong?  Our principal was not amused.  Naturally, I had to take a picture for the blog.



By this afternoon when I left, the missing "e" in the middle had been added; so I dutifully took a picture of the corrected sign.  That's part of the story.

I spell words incorrectly all the time.  Spell check is my friend.  I obsess about spelling or punctuating words incorrectly, but still send missives out into the world with all sorts of errors.  So I laugh at myself, fix what I can and try not to get too worked up about it.

OK, now that I look at the photo of our school sign very carefully, I'm also noticing that the words "Parents Club" on the base of the sign appears to be lacking an apostrophe.  I don't think that I'll be telling our principal about this...

Time to go to bed.






No comments:

Post a Comment