Pond!

Pond!

Friday, November 11, 2011

My Sarah





She's gone.  The vet, Mike, was extremely kind and competent -- a compassionate man who took the time to talk with me.  Through it all, I was pretty brave, Corny was upset (Mike had to give him a sedative), while Bruce (naturally) was a rock.  And Miss Sarah took everything calmly.  Now that it's all over, my heart is heavy.  But I'm also relieved that we were able to do right by Sarah by releasing her from needless suffering. 








Now it's almost dark, and the rain is coming down softly.  I went outside to keep Corny company while he ate.  The rain pattered in a comforting way on the metal roof and there certainly was nothing wrong with My Boy's appetite.  So I think everything's going to be OK.  I got an email from my trainer, Mary, telling me that I should get back to working him starting tomorrow (I've...um... sort of slacked off on the Corny exercise program) in order to get his mind occupied with other things.  I'll be doing that (Corny will be so thrilled.  Not!).








No comments:

Post a Comment