Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rome

So I had this incredible technicolor, high definition dream last night.  I was wandering through the old streets of Rome, gazing down all the mysterious sidestreets, gawking at the ruined temples, the statues looming out of the dark, and the fountains in ancient courtyards.  I was having a fabulous time.  And then my dream-self suddenly stopped and thought, "I need to be taking pictures of all of this so I can post it on my blog." Naturally, the next part of my dream involved fruitlessly backtracking in my efforts to find where I'd left my camera.  Finally, my frustration grew so great that it woke me up.

I lay there, half asleep, in the darkness of the very early morning for a few minutes thinking about this incredibly vivid dream.  I thought it amusing that I'd hoped to get pictures of a dream with a dream camera.  That was silly.  What I needed to do was get pictures of my dream with my real camera -- the one that was in the cabinet in the dining room.  I went out and fetched it, got back into bed and, miracle of miracles, was able to fall asleep again and find myself back in Rome.  This time,  with my real camera in hand.  I took picture after picture of monuments, buildings, and a fabulous, rolling purple ocean.  All for this blog.  For you, gentle reader.

And then I really woke up.  My first thought was an exultant, "Yeah!  I got the pictures!!!!"  Then there was a bit of a pause while my brain slowly came up to speed with reality.

My next thought was an exasperated (but affectionate), "You're such an idiot." 

However, when I set my mind to do something, I do my best to rise to the challenge.  So I sat down at my laptop and Googled "Rome" images.  Here you go:






 
  
 


*But, just for the record, the pictures I took in my dream were much better than these ones that I lifted off the Internet.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment