Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Field Trip Day

I think that the week has finally caught up to me -- I've come down with a head cold that has me moving in dreamy and congested slow motion.  Yesterday wasn't too bad, but by today I've lost any ambition to do much of anything (that stack of papers that needs correcting is just sort of sitting there).

Here are some more pictures of our field trip to Yosemite, although I can't include any with my students in them.


Bruce went on ahead and took this one of the valley just after the first tunnel.  It's absolute iconic Yosemite...  No matter how many times I've seen this, the view never fails to have me catch my breath.

Shangri-La...











Our bus arrives.








The other 4th grade teacher and myself leaving the gift shop (note the big blue bag that I'm carrying.  I do my bit to jump start our economy)







   We saw these incredibly tame deer in Yosemite Meadow.  They completely ignored us as they grazed by the wooden boardwalk we were on.  This fawn was adorable.
























Amazingly,  last week's rain got Yosemite Falls flowing again.  I never expected to see water coming down in October.


Bruce and I intend to go back to another part of the park called Wawona in the next few weeks.  Yosemite is so fantastic -- how is it that we don't come more often???

No comments:

Post a Comment