Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Another Sign

Here it is; the top contender for Calaveras County's most bizarre sign.


It's on a ranch gate right on Hwy 4 between Copperopolis and Angels Camp.  There's a fair amount of traffic on this road, and I can only imagine what the passing tourists must think as they drive by.  For locals like us, who see it on a regular basis, it no longer merits even a second glance.  Unless, of course, that local is me. 

This afternoon I got Bruce to pull over as we were returning from grocery shopping.  I took this pic from the safety of the car, but the sign sang its siren song and I had to get a closer shot.  So, intrepid photographer that I am, I got out and walked over to the gate with my camera.  Click.  Then I hightailed it back to the car.  I don't think it would do to loiter in front of this sign; passing motorists might get the wrong idea.




We also passed this huge flock of turkeys on the road by our house.  We hadn't seen this bunch for a few weeks and I worried that something had happened to them.  I'm happy to see them all happy and healthy.  But Thanksgiving's coming up, and they'd do well to be a little less conspicuous.


No comments:

Post a Comment