Pond!

Pond!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho -- Off to Yosemite!

Today's the day.  In two hours I'll be on a yellow school bus with forty 4th graders, the other teacher, and one very patient bus driver.  We'll be followed by 20 chaperones following in cars.  We're prepared with boxes of snacks (in case the bus breaks down along the way), an assortment of zip-lock plastic bags (in case anyone gets carsick), and maps, directions, park rules, phone numbers, pencils, cameras, lunches, first aid kits, and on and on and on.  We may as well be packed for an expedition to outer space.

And yet, I still don't feel prepared.  Bruce will meet us up there and be the official photographer.  I'm relieved.  In case it isn't apparent (!), I'm just the tiniest bit wound up.

It's supposed to get up to the mid-50's today at Yosemite (last weekend it reached the high 70's!).  Yesterday it snowed a bit, so the children are hoping some of it remains for them today (some have never seen snow).

OK, unless I want to go up to Yosemite in my red bathrobe and fuzzy slippers, I'd best get myself dressed and off to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment