Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, July 22, 2017

On Location

So after Bruce got home from the landfill this morning, the day took a surreal twist:  Bruce informed me that a small movie crew was showing up to shoot a few scenes for an amateur science fiction short.  Bruce had offered the barn as a location a while back to a coworker who is the producer.  He insists that he had told me that they were coming today, and I believe him -- but he never reminded me once last week.  He didn't even remind me this morning.  He reminded me as we were getting ready to eat lunch that they were coming at three in the afternoon.  I went a tiny bit ballistic.

The stall they wanted to use was the largest one on the end -- the one that the geese sleep and poop in every night.  I've been meaning to clean out the straw for an embarrassingly long time.  Well, now it's been cleaned.  Another thing I haven't done in a very long time is brush down the streamers of cobwebs that festoon the beams, light fixtures and every other surface of the barn.  We were asked to leave all of them, as they wanted the stall to look very old and disused.  Not exactly something to have me glowing with pride, but I will say that the film crew was very excited by the perfect look they conveyed.  So now the cobwebs in my barn have been immortalized and I'm sure the spiders are quite pleased.

Actually, the seven people who showed up to do this are all very nice (they're still outside finishing up)  and I enjoyed watching them at work.  It also did me good to hear the praise they heaped on Frogpond.  I've been so disenchanted by fire, smoke, gophers and weeds that my own eyes have been focused a lot on failure, disappointment, work that hasn't been done and ugliness.  Today was a reality check that Frogpond is an amazing place.  I needed the reminder.

Pictures to come.




1 comment:

  1. So glad that you had an event that was able to lift you up. With seemingly never ending heat, it is hard not to get down about things.

    ReplyDelete