Pond!

Pond!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Horrid Kittens


These small kittens of mine -- like the little girl with the curl in the Longfellow nursery rhyme, when they are good, they are very, very good and when they are bad, they are horrid.



Yesterday this mess was waiting for me in the bathroom when I went in to get ready to go to town.  I'd wondered what the kittens were up to as I hadn't seen them in awhile.  It appears that they'd been quite busy.






The sanctimonious look on Arby's face as he checked out my reaction makes me smile every time I look at this picture.  He hopped up on the counter for a good view.




An unrepentant Hecuba wandered in after us and showed off her technique by batting the trash around some more.









Then she climbed back into the waste basket to remove the bits of trash that were still in there.  I think that TimTom might have been behind her (sleeping, perhaps?), because suddenly he appeared and had great fun annoying his sister.































Despite the kittens assistance, I got the garbage back where it belonged without too much difficulty.  Then I finally got ready to go to town.








Now the wastebasket resides on top of the toilet tank where it should be safe for another week or so...if I'm lucky.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if your Arby saw it all happen, too? So funny how he watches you because he knows the kittens were bad - kind of like he is saying "I told you... No kittens in this house!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or perhaps, "This is why we can't have nice things." Of course, Mr. Arby caused his own share of mayhem in his younger days...

    ReplyDelete