Pond!

Pond!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Lunch


Only about two weeks before I must get back to school, and I'm only now getting into the swing of summer:  I've actually begun reading a book that has absolutely nothing to do with teaching children (but has a lot to do with teaching me about life, the soul and the beauty of words).  Not only am I reading purely for pleasure, but my book, several animals and I are sitting outside with a cup of tea and some fine cheese.  On the plate there are four fig crackers, each with its own dollop of luscious Brillat Savarin (a most heavenly triple cream cheese).  On top of each dollop is a teaspoon of a rich tomato marmalade with a sprinkle of Fleur de Sel to finish it off.  Heaven.

You will notice that the book is still shut -- there was no way that I could both read and do justice to the four tasty jewels on my plate.   I sat in the dappled sunshine and enjoyed my lunch while my furry entourage slept or bathed nearby.





















So when, in a few weeks, our school staff rejoins and the talk turns to the topic of "what I did on my summer vacation" I'll happily share that I ate cheese and crackers and read a book that had nothing to do with teaching.

I'll be smiling.















No comments:

Post a Comment