Pond!

Pond!

Friday, January 2, 2015

A Point for the Geese

Archy appears to have left for good.  It isn't often one gets to know a fly.  He will be missed.

Moving on to other things... I woke up on New Year's Day with a sorry little whoosh from the taps when I went to brush my teeth.  We knew it was going to freeze but still didn't make ourselves get around to wrapping the pipes.  I think that after a summer of water-deprivation, we can't believe that what little we have could be a bad thing.  It was.  Fortunately, no pipes cracked and they were up and running by noon.





The surface of the pond froze too.  I followed the geese out when they marched down from the barn in the morning.  I expected to get some pictures of them skating.







This was not to be.  They seemed to immediately have it figured out that the pond wasn't swimmable.














They spent a brief time looking at it and then shrugged their wings and went off to do other things.




I think they were laughing at me as I stood in my bathrobe in the cold clutching my camera.

1 comment:

  1. It's just nice to see water in the pond!! :-D I'm starting my rain dance again. I think we could use some more rain!

    ReplyDelete