Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, January 10, 2015

A New Decade




Yesterday was my birthday, so today I'm sixty years and one day old.  I was a bit apprehensive about going into this new decade -- I don't really mind growing older, but am not looking forward to aging. So on Christmas Day I set out to do what I can to keep this body of mine strong and functioning for as long as I can keep it going.  Enter my new buddy, the FitBit.  It's a bracelet with a chip in it that tracks my steps, activity level and miles walked (also calories in and calories burned).  I've only used it for 17 days, but I'm already hooked on it and walking 5-6 miles a day.







My energy is increasing even though I'll admit to still being sore from all this new activity.  Today I planted one tree and a bag of onion sets, walked 6 miles, wove ten inches on the scarf I've been working on forever and wired a five foot stretch of branches to the garden fence.   I'm eying Corny and my saddle and should be mounted up on him again very soon. Being sixty and a day is okay.


1 comment:

  1. Great job & Happy Birthday! Tammy over at 500 Dollar Tomato just got a FitBit as well and she mentioned something about a free app for it. Go ask her what it was about, she really seemed to like it. (you can find her blog on my blog roll)

    ReplyDelete