Pond!

Pond!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Parent/Teacher Conference Week (accompanied by a little rain)

The first two days of parent/teacher conferences are behind me.  Both afternoons, Sue and I met with parents for 15 minute intervals from 1:15 until 5:00 with scarcely a break between conferences.  By the time we've seen our last parent to the door and said goodnight, the sun has set and it's almost dark.    When I finally get home, I need my flashlight as I gather eggs, feed Corny and herd the geese into the barn.  Not surprisingly, last night I was in bed and asleep by nine o'clock.  One more long stretch of conferences this afternoon.  Tomorrow's meetings "only" go through 4:30  and then this marathon's over.

I'm typing this from bed in the wee-early hours of Wednesday morning.  The window above my head is cracked open and through it comes the long-awaited, much-anticipated, joyful music of rain.  At last.

No comments:

Post a Comment