Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cool Interlude

Yesterday I bravely went back to the Writing Institute.  I wish I could say that everything was dramatically better -- that this horrible fish-out-of-water feeling I have sitting in the room with the other teachers was gone and that I felt confident and sure of my abilities.  I'm simply not there yet, but still hold out hope.  I've decided to view this experience as a learning opportunity -- not only as a way to become a better teacher but also as a way to test my inner convictions about the worth of perseverance. So tally ho to Tuesday's Institute.  I also am curious to see if anything changes inside of myself before the next 12 days is over...

The last several days have been blessedly cool here -- temps in the mid-eighties with drizzle and even a bit of rain.  The garden has loved it.
The chrysanthemums appear to think it's autumn

Almost-ripe Santa Rosas on the old plum tree

Grapes 
Nectarines (they need thinning before the branches break)



The forecast calls for temperatures back up to the low hundreds by the end of the week.  We're all enjoying this while we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment