There's a project scarf on it that's been sitting and gathering dust since last June. It's the most complex twill weave I've ever attempted -- 246 ends threaded through eight harnesses and tied to ten treadles. With that many threads going in that many different places, there were more than the usual number of mistakes and mis-threadings to correct. Once I got those sorted out, I got to actually weaving without too much difficulty. Until a warp thread broke. I added in a new thread and continued weaving. Several inches later, another warp snapped. I repaired it, but almost immediately another two broke. I couldn't figure out why they were breaking, but knew something was wrong. And then I left for Germany for two weeks. When I got back, I eyed the project with it's dangling warp threads caused by an unknown problem...and promptly found other things to do. For the next eight months.
|Twisting the fringe (Scrabble board and soup pot weighting everything down)|
...however, I'm eying the remaining cones of yarn and wondering if I have time to weave a similar scarf for myself before the yarn for the baby blanket project arrives in the mail.
Hmmm...I figure that if I can shave eight months off my weaving time, I should have another finished in about two days. Could happen!