Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Culvert

This evening when I got home there was a message on our answering machine from our unknown neighbors across the road.  Debbie was asking if the culvert passing under the road was on our property or the people who lived on the other side of us.  They wanted to know if they could clear out the area in front of the culvert from debris from the last storm.  I listened to the message and then asked,  "What debris?"  So I went down there with a flashlight to see.  What I found was several massive  tree limbs strewn across the opening of the culvert.  They were wedged high up -- right where the torrent of water stranded them.  Most impressive.  I called back Debbie, introduced myself, and assured her that they were more than welcome to come over any time to haul out the culvert blockage.  She thanked me, and I thanked her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment