Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

End of Summer Blues

I've been asking myself: Why has it been so difficult to blog lately?  There are, it turns out, several reasons.  The most obvious, of course, is that I'm always so crazy, wacked-out consumed by school at the beginning of the school year.  This is a reason, and an accurate one.  But there's more to it than that...  To be honest, the thing that keeps me from blogging the most is that everything here is so end-of-summer dusty, stagnant and parched that it's hard to want to focus on writing on any of it.  It's a lot more difficult at this time of year finding things that inspire me to write.  Poor Frogpond is looking at its worst and I don't want to immortalize this by writing about it.  But the underbelly of Frogpond is as worthy of being written about as the pretty parts. 

So tomorrow I'll take pictures of what is left of the sorry, thick, green slurry we call our pond.  And we'll take it from there.

The mornings are getting cooler, the sun slants more every day and I'm already dreaming of winter rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment