Pond!

Pond!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Science Fair

Such a week: our school's Science Fair is officially behind us.  This is only my second time doing this, so I'm still making all sorts of mistakes as I learn the ropes.  But sixty-one projects were checked in, judged, placed and displayed.  Quite a large crowd of students and parents came last night to see the projects and check out the ribbon placings and eat pizza.  It went well. When the blue double doors of the multi-purpose room opened, an eager throng surged in.  That was great (and surprisingly gratifying)! 

Not only did Bruce get together the judging spreadsheets, but he also came to photograph the event.  I'd wander through the crowd of parents and students, stopping to chat or look at a project -- and then I'd look up and spot Bruce's cap bobbing in the distance as he took pictures from several tables away.  Such a comfort to have him close by!  I want so earnestly for every little thing to go well that I have to get myself back to calmness and perspective.  Last night, Bruce's presence helped immeasurably with that. 

No school next week for February break.  Although I'll be filling out report cards, sorting out my classroom and lesson planning, I'm over the moon to have seven days to do things at my own pace.  And I get to spend time at home.  Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment